Mission and Objectives
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Planning and Budget, the Office of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) supports UCR executive leadership and campus-level strategic planning by providing accurate, objective and timely information and analyses to inform decision-making across campus. FP&A also has management oversight of the annual budget process and serves an advisory role to executive leadership in the administration of campus resources. Key functions include:
- Budget Planning and Processes
- Management of Campus Financial Models
- Financial Management
- Capital Finance and Financial Feasibility
- Fund Management
- Strategic Reporting and Training
In order to effectively perform these functions, FP&A has established collaborative partnerships with the Offices of the Chancellor and the Provost, Academic Senate Planning & Budget Committee, campus CFAOs as well as UC Office of the President.
- Disposition of Central Campus resources is integral to the efficient use of available resources. Our goal is complete as much as possible (50%) of all annual allocations before January 1st of each year by 2020.
- Under the new initiative of implementing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) into our annual budget process, we aim to have every department submitting a budget template to include at least 1 viable KPI that has been vetted by FP&A, the Vice Chancellor for Planning & Budget, and the Provost.
- In support of strategic decision-making and planning, we will provide timely modeling and financial projections for campus leadership.